A number of Bonner community partner teams and sites welcome additional volunteers. Students who volunteer alongside Bonner Scholars are called Bonner Volunteers (B-Vols). B-Vols are able to serve on a regular or occasional basis, and we often reach out to these students when we have large projects or last-minute needs. Bonner Volunteers become instrumental members of our site teams, and often apply to the Bonner Community Scholars programs after serving with the Institute for a year.
You can also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, call our office at 609-771-2548, or visit the Bonner Institute Office located in Forcina Hall, Room 337.
Here are some of the TCNJ Bonner sites that are open to B-Vols:
- The Wall Homelessness Newspaper – Journalism
- El Centro de Recursos Para Familias – Basic Language Instruction, ESL
- Fernbrook Farms – Environment and Education
- Greg Grant Academic Sports Academy – Education, Youth Development, Mentoring
- Habitat for Humanity – Education, Mentoring
- Mercer Street Friends Food Bank – Emergency Food Distribution
- PEI Kids – Life Skills Classes for Juvenile Offenders, Writing Workshops
- Rescue Mission – Social Entreprenuership, Marketing, GED Tutoring
- Trenton Central High School – Arts/Media Service Learning, Tutoring, College Prep