The Center for Community Engaged Learning and Research is excited to invite the campus community to the second annual Day of Service on Saturday, October 22nd from 9:00am-2:00pm.
Registration is now closed. If you would still like to participate, or if you have any questions, please contact Raj Manimaran at email@example.com or Michael Nordquist at firstname.lastname@example.org. Same day participation cannot be guaranteed.
The day’s agenda is below.
- 8:45-9:15am: Travers/Wolfe Lounge. Continental breakfast and registration. You will select your site at this time.
- 9:15-9:30am: Welcome and Introductions, Overview of the Day
- 9:30-10:00am: Travel via school buses to service sites (Note: plan on traveling with the group)
- 10:00am: Serve at sites in and around Trenton
- 12:30-12:45pm: Return to campus
- 12:45pm: Travers/Wolfe Lounge for lunch and discussion about service activities
- 1:30pm: Final remarks
What to Wear and Bring:
Based on weather forecasts, it will be chilly (mid-50s) on Saturday. Be sure to wear comfortable clothes that you
Sites (note: these may change):
|Habitat for Humanity: Community Clean Up||Community Clean Up in East Trenton|
|Isles, Inc.||Community Garden maintenance in Old Trenton Neighborhood|
|Habitat for Humanity: Office||Clerical work and office organization|
|Urban Promise at St. Michael’s Church||Clean kitchen, organize storage rooms|
|Urban Promise at Trinity Cathedral||Clean classrooms, install blinds, plant bulbs outside, remove trash|
|Ewing Historical Society||Yard work, computer work|
|1867 Sanctuary||Garden maintenance, furniture removal, interior cleaning|
|HomeFront Family Campus||Preparing for Halloween Event|
|Visitation Home||Clean and organize storage spaces, help around the residences, rake leaves, craft activities|
|HomeFront Lawrence||Creating bulletin boards|
|Rescue Mission||Assemble hygiene kits|
|Habitat for Humanity: Food Pantry||Clean up basement and food pantry|
|Princeton Deliverance Church||Outdoor maintenance, painting, interior cleaning|
|A Better Way||Community event, Trunk or Treat.|
Thanks for all you do, and we look forward to serving alongside you.