A number of Bonner community partners welcome additional volunteers. Students who volunteer alongside Bonner Scholars are called Bonner Volunteers (B-Vols). B-Vols are able to serve on a regular or occasional basis, and we often reach out to these students when we have large projects or last-minute needs. Bonner Volunteers become instrumental members of our site teams, and often apply to the Bonner Community Scholars programs after serving with the Institute for a year.
Here are a few of the TCNJ Bonner sites that are open to B-Vols:
- El Centro de Recursos Para Familias – Basic Language Instruction, ESL
- Fernbrook Farms – Environment and Education
- Greg Grant Academic Sports Academy – Education, Youth Development, Mentoring
- TCNJ Campus Garden & Mercer Street Friends Food Bank – Emergency Food Distribution
- PEI Kids – Life Skills Classes for Juvenile Offenders, Writing Workshops
- Trenton Central High School (BTE) – Arts/Media Service Learning, Tutoring, College Prep